Subject to revision
- On-line on my moodle site: stanny.moodlecloud.com. If you are enrolled in the course, I will send you login information.
- Videos, notes, quizzes and other materials are posted on the site.
- As you watch the videos you should work along and replicate the spreadsheets. You will use the spreadsheets in your quizzes.
- Textbook (Recommended)
- Financial Accounting, 9th Edition by Libby, Libby and Hodge. ISBN: 9781259222139. You do not need an access code.
- Spreadsheet Software
- I recommend LibreOffice, but you can use any spreadsheet program. I use LibreOffice in the videos. It is open source (free) and is compatible with Microsoft Excel. Any skills you learn in LibreOffice Calc will be transferable to Microsoft Office (Excel).
- Download LibreOffice here.
- Prepare basic financial statements using spreadsheet software
- Analyze public companies financial statements
- Discuss the usefulness and the limitations of financial statements
- Describe international/global, ethical, and legal issues in accounting
||1: Financial Statements
||Ch 2 and 3
||2: Accounting Cycle I
||3: Accounting Cycle II
||4: Accounting Cycle III
||5: Sales Revenue, Receivables and Cash
||Exam (Topics 1-5)
||See time options under Exams
||6: Cost of Goods Sold and Inventory
||7: Property, Plant & Equipment and Intangibles
||8: Liabilities and Bonds
||Ch 10 and 11
||9: Owners’ Equity
||10: Financial Statement Analysis
||Exam (Topics 6-10)
||See time options under Exams
There are 1000 possible points in the course. Your grade will be
determined by your total points:
Quizzes 500 points
- Questions will be short-answer, numerical and multiple-choice.
- You can attempt each quiz twice and you will receive the highest grade scored.
- Late quizzes will not be accepted. Please do not ask.
- There will be multiple versions of quizzes. You can work with others on the quizzes, but you must enter and understand the answers yourself. When you submit your answers you are acknowledging that you can explain your answers.
Exam 500 points
- Exam is proctored by your computer video using Zoom. Make sure you have access to a PC or Mac that meets the requirements posted here. You will take the exam with your computer’s webcam on.
- On the exam day you will have the option to take the exam during one of two 100 minute slots 2-3:40 PM PST or 6-7:40 PM PST. Specify your time preference on Moodle.
- The exams are open-book and open-note. You should use the spreadsheets that you have created for the quizzes.
- You must adhere to SSU’s Cheating and Plagiarism policy. Academic dishonesty (e.g., cheating, plagiarism, etc.) will not be tolerated and will result in a zero grade (i.e., no points) on the quiz or exam and, possibly, a failing grade in the course.
- Please be advised that the on-line software allows me to track every click you make on the course site. I know whether, when and where you attempt quizzes, access notes, etc.
- There are no opportunities for points not listed above. Please do not ask.
- Disability Services for Students (DSS)
- Academic Accommodation: If you are a student with a disability, and think you may need academic accommodations, please contact Disability Services for Students (DSS), located in Salazar Hall, Room 1049, Voice: (707) 664-2677, TTY/TDD: (707) 664-2958, as early as possible in order to avoid a delay in receiving accommodation services. Use of DSS services, including testing accommodations, requires prior authorization by DSS in compliance with university policies and procedures.